March 1869
March 1869
November 1869
November 1869
1918
1918
1930
1930
1959
1959
1966
1966
1990
1990
1992
1992
April 2012
April 2012
July 25, 2012
July 25, 2012
August 2012
August 2012
September 7, 2012
September 7, 2012
January 15, 2013
January 15, 2013
February 2013
February 2013
February 28, 2013
February 28, 2013
July 2013
July 2013
April 2013
April 2013
 

Our transformation spans 10 acres and 14 decades.

The nine-bed hospital built by the Sisters of Charity in 1869 has undergone many significant changes in the course of its proud history. And we are making history once more. Today, our new 10-acre downtown hospital campus will be home to 800,000 square feet of clinical space. Construction is underway and will continue – with no interruption to services – until September 2014.

Features of the new Children’s Hospital include 200+ larger, private patient rooms designed for family needs; a new emergency room; new and redesigned treatment spaces and indoor/outdoor play spaces; on-site research facilities; the conversion of twelve existing operating rooms; $41 million earmarked for the latest equipment and technology; plans for a maternal fetal medicine program; expansion of our high-risk obstetrics program; and the goal of achieving Level 1 trauma status for our children’s emergency department.

But facilities, technology and equipment are useless without skilled healthcare professionals. The new Children’s Hospital will staff 400 nurses, over 300 Baylor College of Medicine pediatric faculty positions by January, 2015 along with residents in training by the Summer of 2015.